Monday, June 13, 2011

Now This is What I'm Talking About!

After highs in the 60's up until last weekend, then highs in the upper 80's and lower 90's all last week, we finally got some decent weather yesterday and today. Today's high was a glorious 73 F, with light winds, and sunny skies. Very low humidity.

The kind of day when a person feels that all is good and right. When a person walks outside and says, "yes, I am really going to accomplish something today. But why would I, when I can just ride home and enjoy the scenery." And that's what I did!

County Road 29, south of Auburn.


Here's the small lake at the bottom of Lakewood Park hill.


The Cedarville Reservoir, just down the road from my home, looking more lovely than usual.


Rando panda. I picked up this jersey from the Ohio Randonneurs club.


Happy riding!

Bill

13 comments:

Steve A said...

That weather truly DOES look gorgeous. Today our LOW was 79 - at dawn.

Big Oak said...

Steve - that is serious heat down your way. Be safe out there!

Pondero said...

70's?!

Well, if it can't be me enjoying that perfect weather, I think it should be you. Enjoy it, my friend.

Rat Trap Press said...

I envy you and your perfect weather. As Steve mentioned, it's a bit on the warm side here.

Cool jersey.

Big Oak said...

Pondero - Thanks! I can remember, not too long ago, the weather somewhere in Texas being in the 70's, when we were in the 30's.

Big Oak said...

RTP - Thanks! Stay cool!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice looking area to ride in - you are very lucky!

GreenComotion said...

Lookin' good, Bill! It is crazy hot here :(

Peace :)

limom said...

That's a serious look you got on yer face!
Thinking about that next brevet no doubt.

rlove2bike said...

They look like some fine roads to ride and there is something to be said for good conditions...nice temp and low winds.

Anonymous said...

The cold days of winter make your days all the more enjoyable. Get the miles in!

fwbikecommuter said...

Looks terrific!

TrevorW�� said...

Great weather....great looking roads to ride....

-Trevor