Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On Holiday, Sort Of...

I'm sitting in my motel room in Grass Valley, CA right now, thinking about how lucky I am to be able to be here for work. While I miss my family, I'm enjoying the chance to see a part of the country I've never seen before. To be able to go on to farms and ranches out here is awesome.

I'll be heading back on Saturday, but I'll have a couple hours to myself on Friday. I'm plotting a strategy to get over to the bike shop in Nevada City to rent a bike.

My phone camera decided not to work, so I can't take any photos. This place out here is magnificent!

Today I saw my first-ever tricolored blackbird, western meadowlark, and glossy ibis. In addition, I got to dig in oxisol (really old soil) next to a rice field in the central valley. I could see the coast range far in the distance.

Best of all I am able to meet many of my work peers here in California, Nevada, and Arizona. I can't wait to bring Alex out here - I know she'd love it out here.

Anyway, Happy riding!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the camera but glad to hear you enjoy it out there. Hope the bike rent goes well.

jeff said...

Hoping you get a nice ride in before heading home!

rlove2bike said...

IMO...you have a nice job...and you know it. That's something many people can not say.

Thanks for the post!
RL

GreenComotion said...

Have a great time, Bill!
Peace :)