Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Other Bikes



This is my oldest bike. I bought this in 1978 or 79. It's been a great bike, but I don't ride it very often. I'm going to convert this to a fixed gear bike. Planning to keep the paint all original for now. I'm going to build new wheels using a Formula flip flop hub and silver Weinmann rims. Will look for some other handlebars when I get the dough - thinking about moustache bars or upright bars. Would also like to get a brown Brooks saddle for this. I've never ridden a fixed gear bike before, but I'm looking forward to it. Will try to keep photos up to date as progress moves forward.

My other bike is a 1985 Trek 500. Used it a lot when I used to do triathlons, but those days are long gone. Fixed it up this winter (new cables, bar tape, rebuilt axles & bb). Rebuilt rear wheel also. Only have been able to ride it 10 miles so far. Waiting for salt and snow to go away before I take it back on the roads.

This bike has a Cro-moly frame and is pretty comfortable. I like the geometry. I think it would make a pretty hot fixed gear bike, but am not ready to do that yet.

No comments: