Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday afternoon ramble

This is a marker that someone designated "Four Presidents Corners". This is the point where four townships in Allen County converge. Can you guess what the township names are?

These are two abutments for an old road bridge that crossed over railroad tracks. Dirt was piled all the way to the top, then a wooden road bridge connected the two abutments.

It took a lot of dirt and a lot of wood to get over these tracks.

Here's a restored Allis-Chalmers WD-45. Nice looking machine. The route I took is the start of Adventure Cycling's North Lakes Loop that starts from Monroeville, IN and goes up through Michigan and Wisconsin to Minneapolis, St. Paul. Maybe someday I'll ride the entire loop but I only rode 22 miles of this route today.

3 comments:

Dick Mansfield said...

Nice looking interesting blog. Liked some of your links and your photos.

Doohickie said...

I had a windy day today too. Fortunately the wind changed direction after I got to work and it was at my back both ways. ;- )

Big Oak said...

May the wind always be at your back!